The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking for Finance Assistant is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash Book and maintaining accounts payable in Karak.
About the job
The individual will report directly to the Area Manager. The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To verify that any purchase is covered by the appropriate authorization and signed by authorized team member & to Fill in the cash book on a daily basis.
- To assist Finance manager in the closure of accounts at the end of month
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cash book and reconcile the general ledger.
- Participate on the distribution of Cash and Grant for Beneficiaries
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Maintain the financial files and records.
- Prepare monthly cash requests and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or paid on time.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly basis and on a monthly basis with the Area manager.
- Sending the monthly financial documents and arrange vouchers including supporting documents for main office in Amman.
- Scanning the financial documents and the supporting documents on a monthly basis and sending them to Amman office.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have 1 - 2 years of experience in the financial management positions.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required / Desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- INGOs experience.
- Basic Microsoft office (especially excel)
- Arabic (Expert) English (Good)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.