UNOPS, Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Background Information - Job-specific:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Regional Practice Advisor – Finance and direct supervisor, the Finance Assistant in IPAS Finance at Headquarters, Copenhagen, provides financial assistance ensuring high quality, accuracy and effective execution of financial services and processes and transparent utilization of financial resources. The Finance Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS financial rules and regulations.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Reconciliation of General Ledger and HQ bank accounts
- Support to field offices on Banking & Treasury operations
- Knowledge management support
Reconciliation of General Ledger and HQ bank accounts :
- Perform reconciliation of General Ledger accounts and verify data accuracy in a comprehensive manner, involving field offices and third partied when required;
- Be responsible for the timeliness provision and correctness of financial data coming from field offices and other third parties;
- Perform bank reconciliation of bank accounts with thoughtful accuracy and timely action in line with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations
Support to Banking & Treasury operations:
- Provide daily support to the team for the implementation of tasks related to the Banking & Treasury activity;
- Preparation and review initiation of vouchers and review of supporting documents to ensure completeness, accuracy and correctness of accounts codes charges; entry of transactions in the computerizes accounting and finance system
- Review of payment requests for completeness prior to processing to ensure that documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment has been supplied; proper accounting codes used; certification of services rendered/goods delivered is written on the payment document and duly signed by authorized officials; payment to sub-contractors are in compliance with terms and conditions of agreement;
- Review and confirmation of validity of charges by verifying authorized amounts and ensuring availability of budget and funds;
Knowledge management support :
- Provide support and assistance for the preparation of training materials to deliver training to field offices on finance-related topics;
- Support in the organization of finance trainings for colleagues in the field offices;
- Facilitate meetings, trainings, workshops, conferences and seminars;
- Assist in drafting reports and minutes during the meetings;
- Support the finance team providing assistance during peak workload or back up as necessary, to ensure completion of work objectives.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interested in process improvement.
- Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills.
- In addition to UNOPS core values/competencies, capacity for problem solving, attention to critical detail and innovative solutions.
- Strong team and client orientation, planning and organization skills necessary.
- Ability to work with accuracy under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- High school diploma is required
- Higher degree (Bachelor's or Master's) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, International Business, Management or other finance-related field is considered an asset and can be substitute for some years of relevant working experience .
- 4 years of relevant finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Proficient experience with office software packages (MS Office) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database is required.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is desirable.
- Experience with SharePoint or other software would be an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Proficient knowledge of French and/or Spanish is desirable.
- Knowledge of other UN working language would be an asset.