The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To deliver a range of routine Finance support tasks, to ensure that staff is effectively supported. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision or immediately available assistance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: University degree in Accounting / Finance.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of professional experience in Finance and Accounting or related field.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic language
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods to complete processes with minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
Under the direct supervision of the National Finance Officer or Senior Finance Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing financial reports and/or other functional correspondence by the Unit.
- Respond to finance related queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function, including SOPs, manuals and procedural circulars.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate the availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Use the corporate ERP system to post accounting entries related to payables and receivables for WFP staff and external parties, including suppliers and partners and others.
- Act as a focal point for staff recoveries for personal use of WFP assets.
- Provide relevant inputs to units’ standard documents and actively contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Provide advice on routine business processes and practices to colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards or escalated to the senior staff.
- Work with a variety of individuals within and outside the finance unit, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist support delivery for all finance clients.
- Any other duties as required.