The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
Finance Assistant is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash Book and maintaining accounts payable.
About the job:
The individual will report directly to Finance Manager . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To verify that any purchase is covered by the appropriate authorization and signed by authorized team member & to Fill in the cash book on a daily bases.
- To assist Finance CO in the closure of accounts at the end of month
- Provide technical financial and administration support for field staff.
- Implement financial policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cash book and reconcile the general ledger.
- Monitor cash transfers and payments to volunteers.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Participate with logistics in preparing monthly asset list.
- Maintain the financial files and records.
- Prepare monthly cash requests with the field team and prepare weekly cash reports.
- Maintain the contract follow up on a monthly basis, and make sure all contracts are renewed, closed, or/and paid on time.
- To act as cashier for payments to be processed and carrying out all cash distribution to the beneficiaries for the coordination office in Amman.
- Cash Book registry update on a daily basis, and cash count on a weekly basis with the FM and on a monthly basis with the Base/ Area Manager.
- Sending the monthly financial documents and arrange vouchers including supporting documents for main office in Amman.
- Scanning the monthly financial documents including supporting documents for main office in Amman on a monthly basis.
Required / Desirable:
- The candidate should have a degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- An experience of maximum three years.
- Very good level of English speaking, reading and writing.