UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Finance Officer NOA the Finance Assistant is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized financial tasks for the respective section requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Performs an exhaustive Quality Assurance on payments requests, ensuring that UNICEF´s internal rules and regulations are being followed.
- Liaises with Global Shared Service Center, through the Service Now Platform, to initiate payment requests on the Office´s behalf.
- Prints Payment Advices and follows up payments on a daily basis. In charge of Payments filing and archive maintenance.
- Preparation and printing of the VAT Exemption Certificates. Controls the correct registration of each certificate.
- Performs the Monthly Bank Reconciliation for all accounts jointly with the Global Shared Service Center
- In charge of the Reconciliation of some recurrent vendors that require the intervention of Finance area.
- Establishes and manages a new communication channel to assist Vendors about payment status, conditions and general consults.
- Executes a Quality Assurance on the documentation provided by the other areas to register the Incomes. Follows up on pending items to be registered.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the area.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and working knowledge of English
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.