Norwegian Refugee Council, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, exclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Assist Finance officer in preparing all payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Assist in transfer cash programing to designated beneficiaries through local exchanger agencies or handling cash in unconditional and conditional cash activities in field area.
- Assist finance officer in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations.
- Undertake timely analysis and submission or filing of all financial documentation.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on regular basis.
- Maintain accurate financial and accounting files and transactions, both soft and hard copies.
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial reports and submit for review.
- Assist in accounting procedures reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations, NRC requirements and donor regulations.
- Maintain liaisons with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations, and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Preparing and verifying payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Liaise with official local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates and acting accordingly.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting.
- One year relevant experience preferable.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Numerical skills.
- Good office administration skills.
- Strong and proactive interpersonal skills.
- Good computer spreadsheet skills with exposure to computer based accounting systems.
- Excellent communication, including report writing skills.
- Accurate and with keen attention to detail.
- Handling insecure environment.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.