Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Faility facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to the Seasonal Worker Program. The PLF is managed by Palladium and provides the backbone of Australia's future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PLF has been established as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers.
The Finance Assistant - Cash Advance Facility will provide administrative and financial management support to ensure the effective implementation of the PLF Cash Advance Facility (CAF) - which provides Pacific workers participating in the PLS the option of an initial cash advance as they first arrive in Australia under an agreed repayment schedule.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager the Finance Assistant - Cash Advance Facility will:
- Oversee the day to day operations of the PLF Cash Advance Facility (CAF);
- Manage the CAF bank account, including setting direct debit schedules in Commbiz, reconciling repayments, and drafting monthly reports for the Operations Manager and DFAT;
- Withdraw CAF funds and draft CAF letters for PLS workers ahead of their mobilisation to Australia;
- Work with the Worker Welfare Team to ensure safe transportation of cash;
- Reconcile cash advances returned through the Worker Welfare Team;
- Work with the Demand and Worker Welfare teams to recover CAF funds when a worker defaults on payments;
- Prepare letters and invoices to recover funds from workers defaulting on repayment, and keep a record related to this;
- Assist with the transition away from using the CAF towards an Approved Employer led model of worker support;
- Make records related to the CAF readily available to Finance Manager and Operations Manager;
- Assist and support all day-to-day financial transactions and functions, if required.
- The Finance Assistant - Cash Advance Facility will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Finance, business or administration qualification
- Relevant work experience operating with project finances.
- Sound management skills, strong problem-solving skills with a capacity to think and act strategically.
- Excellent attention to detail and data entry skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a range of personnel from different disciplines
- Highly proficient English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- This is a fixed term contract position initially for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
- Applicants must have full permanent work rights for Australia as no visa sponsorship will be provided. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available.