Norwegian Refugee Council, Herat, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the finance assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. The Finance Assistant works under the supervision of finance officer in Herat Office.
He/ She is responsible for some financial tasks of to record and update cash boxes, preparing monthly financial reports, follow up tax clearance forms, maintaining financial record in Soft/Hard and if any other tasks assigned by his supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC and donor policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Maintain computerized financial records of transactions for all projects
- Maintain hard and soft filing system
- Responsible for updating Post backs
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial report to Kabul SO
- Maintain and follow supplier, landlord and payroll tax clearing forms
- Responsible for cash transfers
- Follow up transfer from SO
- Responsible for cash management
- Prepare monthly cash forecast and cash request
- Responsible to track supplier’s payments
- Responsible to prepare monthly tax vouchers and bank dispatch
- Responsible to prepare monthly AIB Payroll
- Communicate with Hawaladar for payments
- Preparing daily cash count
- Preparing monthly Cheque record sheet.
- Responsible for Water and electricity payments
- Attend to distribution payments at area
- Responsible for verification of payment list.
- Responsible to follow with my money and all core competencies for disbursement reports and finger print of beneficiaries.
- Prepare voucher for bank charges, electricity, water and etc.
- Preparing monthly checklist
- Responsible for opening new bank account for new staff.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Holding valid university degree in finance/accounting, business administration, Economics or equivalent degree
- 3-year experience in finance, accounting or equivalent section, preferably with experience in INGOs, UN, or donors outside of Afghanistan.
- Comfortable and willing to work in a dynamic security context.
- Experience designing and implementing financial best practice.
- Dynamic and motivated with a positive and collegial attitude to joint problem solving.
- Strong focus on timely and quality outputs. Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and with competing priorities
- Active problem solving with a focus on collegial working and supportive staff to own solutions.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Personal commitment and drive for timely and high-quality results
- Proactive, able to multi-task and flexible to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment