Norwegian Refugee Council, Aden, Yemen
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of Finance Assistant – Cashier position provide day to day financial accounting of all the financial transactions in compliance with government and NRC financial policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Generic responsibilities :
- Prepare all payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation
- Record all bank movements
- Ensure accuracy of all invoices, payments, vouchers and receipts together with their supporting documents, and accurately enter in the accounting system as appropriate
- Assist in bank accounts and cashboxes reconciliations
- Undertake timely analysis and submission or filing of all financial documentation.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on regular basis
- Maintain proper filling system for all financial and accounting documents
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial reports and submit for review
- Follow up on advances, refunds and other outstanding matters
- Assist in accounting procedures reviews to ensure compliance with all the applicable accounting laws and statutory regulations, NRC requirements and donor regulations.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Preparing and verifying payments vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documentation.
- Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on regular basis.
- Diploma or University degree hold in Finance/Accounting.
- Familiar with different types of financial accounting systems and excel, access sheets as well
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience. (Good knowledge with INGOs duties and tasks consider as advantage).
- Numerical skills.
- Good office administration skills.
- Strong and proactive interpersonal skills.
- Good computer spreadsheet skills with exposure to computer based accounting systems.
- Excellent communication, including report writing skills.
- Accurate and with keen attention to detail.