Norwegian Refugee Council, Yumbe, Uganda
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
To support NRC field offices and make sure that finance department functions efficiently in the area of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that accurate and timely accounts are submitted in Arua office on daily basis and in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of an adequate amount of petty cash float in Arua office, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Make all payments after approval by the respective managers and after compiling and verifying the accuracy of necessary documents e.g. Delivery, Cash Receipt,
- Delegation letter, cheque copy, and etc.) of petty cash box in NRC Arua office
- Filing and Entering into computer financial data and maintaining Cash/Bank register
- Filling (Sequential arrangement and labelling of monthly Arua files)
- Stamping (Make sure that all payments have paid stamp)
- Photocopying of documents (copying documents whenever there is a need)
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies
- Assist the finance Officer in collecting advices, and statements from the bank
- Responsible for field payments during trainings and other field activities.
- Recording of procurement data for tax office
- Minimum of a Diploma in accounting.
- A minimum of two years’ experience for Degree holders and four years’ experience for Diploma holders in accounting and out of those 2 of the years must be with an INGO.
- Good computer skills (word processing, excel, internet and power point).
- Personal qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- He/she must be committed and willing to works under stress environment
- Should be able to perform tasks independently.
- Willingness to travel to sites.
- Fluent in English and local language.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.