Norwegian Refugee Council, Nimruz, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the Job:
The Finance Assistant is responsible for all financial matters related of Nimroz Office. He/ She is responsible to verify all financial documents, release the payments, record transactions and cash management. In addition, he/ she is responsible to prepare financial report, forecast and spending for the Nimroz office. He/ She is closely work under the supervision of finance officer in Herat.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the CC portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
- Verification of all financial documents related to NRC – Nimroz office (Cash advance, Advance clearance, per diem, purchasing office supplies, purchasing material or Services for programme and support sections etc).
- Verification of Purchase Requisition(PR) and Purchase Order(PO)
- Preparation of National Salary post back.
- Preparation monthly Cash forecast
- Responsible for cash management.
- Daily Cash count.
- Participating in procurement committee.
- Maintain computerised financial records of transactions and sending for posting.
- Update BVAs related to NRC Nimroz office and update about available budget and Actual.
- Maintenance hard and soft filled Financial Docs.
- Assist NRC NRC Nimroz program team finance related tasks.
- Sending monthly report to Area office.
- Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including multi-purpose cash assistance, emergency cash responses
- Any other related duties as assigned by his/her line manager
- Holding valid university degree on economics or finance/accounting or equivalent field
- 3-year experience in finance, accounting or equivalent section, preferably with experience in INGOs
- Active problem solving with a focus on collegial working and supportive staff to own solutions.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a diverse team.
- Personal commitment and drive for timely and high-quality results
- Strategic perspective and keen to take ownership of finance functions, challenges, and solutions of Nimroz Office.
- Proactive, able to multi-task and flexible to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Best knowledge of English & fluent in local languages (Pashto/Dari) Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and with competing priorities
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment