Save the children, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
ROLE PURPOSE: The Finance Assistant has responsibility to manage payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she would be responsible for Glacos registration and filling of documents. He/she will also provide support to the finance unit.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Writing of Checks as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance officer
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Officer for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly Bank and cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc/HND in Accounting or relevant Social Sciences
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum of a year post graduation similar experience in a NGO
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.
- Fluency in English Language
- A knowledge of Hausa or Kanuri Language
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive