Danish Refugee Council, Dadaab, Kenya
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
To ensure that financial information is processed in accordance with DRC Finance procedures as well as provide the Finance Officer and Dadaab Programme team with financial support including manage cash books, process payments, voucher scanning and archiving.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash together with bank partners to the beneficiaries and ensure all the relevant supporting documents are properly secured and attached to the payment vouchers.
- Make payments to the beneficiaries at the field during relocation and reconcile the cash balances.
- Manage the USD Cashbook
- Mid and end-month USD Bank reconciliation
- Maintain Accounting spreadsheets/documentation as per stipulated DRC Finance and Accounting guidelines
- Ensure that proper authorization has been obtained before any payment takes place
- Ensure that all vouchers are properly coded (Project no., budget line and G/L account)
- Verify all payment documents and vouchers before processing payment.
- Prepare Interim Project Financial reports for review by Finance Officer before submission.
- Voucher scanning/Archiving
- Prepare documentations and responses during Internal and external audits.
- Maintenance of a proper and transparent filing system of all financial documents
- Support DRC/DDG SMT with finance processes and the field teams as needed.
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years’ general work experience in a busy finance/accounts department or unit
- Basic bookkeeping and financial report preparation
- Budget preparation
- Implementing internal control systems and policy implementation
- Experience working with ERP systems is key.
- Bachelor of Commerce – Accounts Option or Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounts focus
- Certified Public Accountant, Part 1 or 2 or ACCA Part 1 or 2
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Fluent in written and spoken Kiswahili.