Danish Refugee Council, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
Overall purpose of the role:
Support the day to day clerical processes within the finance department, ensuring documentation for all transactions is complete, filed and ordered properly. Also, to manager petty cash on a daily basis while filling in for the finance officer.
- Prepare and update the cashbooks (Bank and Cash) on a daily basis from the Dynamics ERP and ensure reconciliation of the petty cash with the system balance is completed and signed off with the finance officer.
- Disburse Payment in cash for all advance requests that have been duly approved upon submission by staff. This should be done while monitoring the office cash hours.
- Disburse Payment in cheque once they have been duly prepared and approved/authorised by the signatories.
- Receive Payment documentation from Requestor and ensure these documents have been registered on the book for purpose of monitoring payments processes.
- Checks support documentation for correctness and completeness for all requests for payment presented to finance for payment. No RFP should pass for approval if important documentation is missing.
- Submits documentation for approval after checks have been done and everything is complete.
- Register cheques in cheques dispatch book before submission to vendors/suppliers who should also sign against the cheques received with their names and ID OR ensure a signed copy of the vendor ID is attached to the payment documents
- Scan documentation and upload for all transactions on a monthly basis. After cash books upload all transactions vouchers should be scanned and uploaded on DRC Dynamics for future reference.
- Filing on a daily basis. This should be done in an ordered sequence to enhance document retrieval during audit. The system generated reference numbers will be used to order the files.
- Support in making cash withdrawals from the bank as and when requested to do so.
- Follow up on outstanding advances with staffs who have taken cash for official duties. This also requires that no staff take additional advances before clearing old ones.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Stable and robust character.
- Proven clerical skills, team player and proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 3 years work experience in accounting in INGOs.