Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ACCOUNTING and FINANCE:
• Accounts payable;
• Accounts receivable;
• Intercompany transactions;
• Bank and petty cash;
• End of month/end of the year adjustments;
• Master data updates;
• Assistance in tax reporting and statutory annual audit;
• Support in respect of financial planning, budgeting and financial administration.
BANK and PAYMENTS:
• Payments using electronic banking system;
• Monitoring short-term cash-flow situation.
INTERNAL CONTROLS and ERP:
• Ensuring compliance with internal controls according to IUCN policies;
• Providing support to staff in using ERP administrative portals.
• Maintaining projects documentation, including donor contracts, budgets and reports;
• Assisting project staff in financial queries;
• Supporting Head of Finance Europe in monitoring projects financial implementation and donor reporting.
HR and ADMINISTRATION:
• Custody of HR files and maintenance of HRMS database;
• Support to Head of Finance Europe and Director EURO in respect of human resource management procedures;
• Support to staff in time-recording process;
• Support to Office Manager in all finance related tasks;
• Maintenance of fixed assets inventory.
• Carry out any other finance related task within the capabilities of the staff.
• Assistance in preparing EU funding applications;
• Assistance in administering current EU contracts;
• Maintaining administrative documents and online registrations on the EC portals.
• Background in accounting received in Belgium or France.
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in accounting in an international environment.
• Sound knowledge of EU funding procedures.
• Fluent in English and French or Dutch.
• Proficiency and skills in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Be pro-active, flexible and have a dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Very well organized person with an eye for detail.
• Prior work experience with NAVISION software.
• Knowledge/experience of an ERP system.
• Familiarity/hands on experience with managing and reporting for EC grants