Finance Assistant, Regional Office (Roster)
World Health Organization(WHO), Brazzaville, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of duties:
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Finance Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Takes replenishment actions for all Regional Office, IST and Country Office bank accounts;
- Maintain an updated tracking sheet to record all replenishments;
- Assist in the review of ceilings for all imprest accounts, Regional Office, ISTs and Country Offices; and maintains the bank database of all bank accounts;
- Reviews imprest return from countries for compliance and quality assurance;
- Reconcile imprest and main bank accounts and promptly follow-up on any outstanding items;
- Prepare required documents for the annual and biennial closures;
- Review and reconcile all GL accounts under the responsibility of AFM/AFRO;
- Initiate and respond to queries and correspondences on accounts and financial transactions as required;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Achievement Activities Include: Timely and high-quality output and results to support the achievement of the objectives of the unit, and enable effective program implementation in the region.
- Essential:- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
- Desirable:- Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance will be an advantage.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is essential as well as experience operating the relevant WHO Global Management System (GSM) modules.
- Essential:- 10 years of working experience with 7 years of responsible work in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
- Desirable:- Experience within UN or other international or multinational organizations will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of French with working knowledge of English.