Abt Associates, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and correspoonding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Liaise with the Finance & Admin Director and the Finance & Contract Manager at the Abt Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Assists the Finance & Admin Director in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Diploma in Accounting (minimum), or a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, Business, or studying towards a professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or CIS or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management, financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language fluency.
- Zimbabwean and other professionals are encouraged to apply.
- (3+) years of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=AbtPROD&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_US&career_job_req_id=39421&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=YzGpfDBciCoKNQv8Gdb4i1Nlgy0%3d