UN Children's Fund, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose for the job:
Under supervision of the NOB Accounting and Finance Officer the incumbent performs specialized tasks in the accounting and finance functions.
How can you make a difference?
- Receive invoices from programme sections, verify accuracy, correctness including coding and completeness of documents and including checking the availability of adequate funding as appropriate
- Work as focal point to the Global Shared Service Center (GSSC) in Budapest for submitting all country office invoices and payment requests.
- Follow up banking issues and requesting replenishments for the MENARO bank accounts and resolve reconciling items resulted from the monthly bank reconciliations for bank accounts maintained by MENARO.
- Checking all Direct Cash transfer (DCT) requests, liquidations and reclassifications, Participate in HACT assurance activities by conducting spot checks for Implementing Partners (IP).
- Perform the monthly payroll activities from identifying funding shortages to confirming accuracy of the payment of the month
- Analyze open items in General Ledger account balances as part of the monthly closure activities.
- Submit all Fixed Assets disposal transactions to GSSC in compliance with the current SOPs.
- Submit the monthly bank reconciliation needed sheets for GSSC and ensure completion of the bank reconciliation report.
- Review requests for change of funding source and other adjustments, and submit requests for change of funding source and other adjustments to GSSC.
- Assists higher level officers in all aspects of accounts maintenance and providing reports on financial status, procedures, costs and expenditures, and potential funding problems.
- Support the HACT assurance activities ( spot checks ) to implementing partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Education: Completion of secondary education. Ability to operate calculator or other machines used to maintain accounts. Additional relevant commercial training is desirable. Bachelor degree in related area is an asset.
- Experience: Six years experience in accounting and finance work
- Language: English and Arabic knowledge is required.