The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 75 countries each year. The organization has a global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
To coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide support to staff in Tripoli Office within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor the daily cash position of petty cash of Tripoli office in order to contribute to the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of Petty Cash, monitor expenditure, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met and prepare Monthly report for petty cash.
- Coordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, Emergency food supply, office needs, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost¬ effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsible for provision of services such as facilities management, office stationery, travel (booking tickets, Act as UNHAS focal point) and WFP vehicle Movement, etc..,
- Reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc.,
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate and submit travel requests for the system through WFP internal system
- Checking and following requirements of using a private vehicle for official purposes.
- Updating the Master Staff List on a monthly bases as a part of coordination between Admin unit with the Security unit for staff counting and safety also for admin purposes and updating contact list/extensions.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources, tasks such as (updating following-up Benghazi updates APP 2019 -Following-up Services rendered by ICT unit).
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Language: Both oral and written fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
- Experience: At least five years in Admin and Finance support or related business area
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.