UN WFP, Conakry, Guinea
Closing Date for Applications:
At this level, the incumbent is expected to demonstrate a sense of responsibility and initiative to independently respond to queries with only general advice from their Supervisor. It is necessary to use judgment to deal with the unexpected that arise on a daily basis. The incumbent is expected to manage resources, organize and coordinate support staff, or specific support services. The incumbent should have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. He will have to manage resources, train and coordinate the staff under his supervision.
Coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money accounting services, as well as financial, budgetary and administrative support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information in order to ensure the proper functioning of support services and inform decision-making.
Description of tasks :
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Associate / CBT will have the following tasks :
- Proceed with bank reconciliation of WFP accounts.
- Manage invoices through the ITS (Invoice Tracking) platform by recording in the database in order to improve monitoring and reduce the risk of loss and double payment.
- Process invoices in the WINGS system by ascertaining invoicing with LIV access (Verification of logistics invoices).
- Follow up on financial transactions on WFP GNF and USD accounts.
- Follow up, control and analyze general ledger accounts to identify outstanding payments.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports.
- Provide training and guidance to staff under their supervision in interpreting Financial procedures, policies, processes and the use of business systems to ensure consistency.
- Provide procedural and technical support to staff in the areas of finance and budget to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor spending and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding needs are met.
- Coordinate the team under his supervision to ensure that all financial services are performed efficiently and according to the needs of colleagues.
- Provide support for the implementation of CBT interventions and compliance with standard WFP procedures and processes.
- Verify the reconciliation of CBT financial transactions.
- Assist the office in the conduct of the financial assessment of banks, mobile phone companies and microfinance institutions which will greatly help to address the financial risks associated with PSPs and the environment in which they operate.
- Have a good command of CBT manuals and tools.
- Replace the Head of Finance Unit in CBT meetings.
- High school diploma. A post-secondary certificate in Finance or Management would be an asset.
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience, including a minimum of five (5) years in the relevant field, together with administrative work experience.
- Experience working with auditors and other third party vendors
- Experience in demonstrating a good understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues during daily work.
- Provide ad hoc advice to new staff.
- Experience in assessing the financial health and stability of C&V projects and other programming initiatives to verify compliance with local laws in the country.
- Fluency in oral and written French. Fluency in English would be an asset.