WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE – Making doing good, doable.
ME to WE is looking for a dynamic and committed Finance Associate Director (AD) to join our Finance and Accounting Team. The WE organisation is introducing formal budgeting and quarterly internal reporting for the first time starting September and therefore numerous processes, policies and procedures need to be developed and maintained to add to the structures already in place. The Associate Director will work closely with the ME to WE retail, trips and shared services teams to develop and maintain these processes for accurate and timely internal reporting within ME to WE.
The Finance Associate Director role sits within the Finance section of the larger Finance & Accounting Team and will work under the leadership of the Me to We Finance Director. However, he/she will work closely with all business units and team managers and directors, and act as the liaison between the Business and the Accounting department.
- The AD will be working closely alongside the accounting team to improve and build out the reporting structures within ME to WE. Due to the shift to a formal quarter end close, there will be a large volume of extra reporting. In particular, departmental P&Ls and cost centre reporting. Templates will need to be built and refined.
- All individual teams are accountable for financial targets going forward. The AD will work with the directors and heads to provide them with useful variance analysis information on revenue, costs and investments that will help them achieve their targets.
- The AD will take ownership of the Trips monthly cash flow reporting, forecasting and accounts receivable. This will require working with our trips engagement, operations and country teams.
- Microsoft Dynamics is being implemented within Me to We. The AD will work with the retail and trips departments to help guarantee the accuracy of the data going into the new system. This will involve gaining an understanding the business and then drafting SOPS to ensure the teams submit consistent and accurate information
- The AD will work with the trips directors to set revenue targets channel by channel and then use Salesforce to provide bi-weekly updates on how actuals are performing vs target
- The AD will need to display a flexible and continuous improvement mindset that focuses on adding efficiencies and cost savings within our processes while at the same time improving our internal controls and quality of the output.
- The AD will work with the accounting team to assist them in any complicated operational work where they require the assistance of finance. This may include the matching of payments, reconciliation issues, tracking project expenses or process deviations that will affect accounting postings
- University degree in business with specialisation in finance or accounting required.
- Completion of the CPA designation is an asset. Sound understanding of financial reporting standards, especially regarding revenue recognition.
- 3-5 years experience working in an financial analysis or reporting environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including Power query, pivot tables, v-lookup. Experience with using CRM (Salesforce) and accounting/ERP systems (Dynamics, Bright pearl). Must be highly adapt at learning and working with new systems and software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to present information at all levels in an organization, particularly at the senior management level
- Ability to work independently and as a team where required. Flexible with prioritizing projects and selfmanagement of time in order to perform duties autonomously.
- Strong culture carrier, embodies the core values of WE. Act as a positive role-model for the Trips team in promoting integrity of client invoicing and financial reporting.