Norwegian Refugee Council, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of a Finance coordinator’s role is be responsible for the implementation of the financial procedures; contribute to the planning and implementation of the NRC projects in Ukraine; contribute to the achievement of NRC’s objectives in Ukraine. Overall management of the finance team in Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
- Ensure development and implementation of NRC’s finance systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, donor requirements and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of Finance documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require finance team trainings
- Management of finance team
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, inductions, trainings, performance management, payroll etc.
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to the design in consultation with PAC of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Ensure accurate finance records are maintained and available in a timely manner, including preparation of monthly accounts;
- Prepare analysis including Budget Vs Actuals (BvA) summary reports and forecast of expenditure;
- Together with the AM lead the monthly BvA meeting for SDO area office and filed offices managed by the AM – SDO;
- Maintain a good cash flow and ensure sufficient funds are available to manage operations;
- Training and capacity building of finance staff as well as other support and programme staff;
- Support the Finance Manager (FM) during yearend closure and external/internal audits;
- Support FM in preparation of grant proposals and donor financial reports;
- Participate in weekly Area Management Team Meetings (AMT) and do any other duties that will be assigned by AM;
- Ensure securing supporting documents and reconciliation of deliverables;
- Do any other duties that will be assigned by the FM or AM.
- Broad experience from working as in a finance and leading a finance unit in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Intermediate level understanding of international accounting standards
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Financial management of NGO sector.
- Knowledge of the context in Ukraine.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian/Russian, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Ukrainian law in regard to taxes, VAT, pension, social insurance and other taxes
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of international donor regulation such as UNHCR, ECHO and USAID
- Knowledge of accounting systems and advanced MS Excel user.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust