World Vision, Erbil, Iraq
Closing Date for Applications:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 9000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead on the financial monthly closing of the Area
- Office accounting books.
- Closely monitor of level of expenditure and allocation of expenses to existing projects, providing monthly Budget versus Actual reports to be discussed with Senior Management.
- Ensure effective cash-flows, preparing forecast of expenditures and submitting monthly cash requests to Country Office.
- Support on the elaboration of budget for new proposals, ensuring that budgeting tools are correctly used and ensuring support costs are properly budgeted.
- Elaborate, Monitor and Update Master Support Budget, identifying funding gaps and allocation of costs to existing donors.
- Ensure understanding of NRC financial systems and procedures and financial tools among Programme and Support staff at Area Office level.
- Provide finance verification of purchase and payment request up to his/her authorization limit.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures in Finance if relevant changes in operations happen.
- Develop specific Cash Standard Operating Procedures to ensure proper cash-flows between Country Office, Area Office and Field sub-Offices.
- Responsible for financial reporting and finance-focal point with local donors.
- Develop a capacity building plan for Finance Staff and implement on-the-job training.
- Conduct Finance Training for non-finance staff about finance procedures and budgeting processes to Logistics and Programme Staff. [if !supportLineBreakNewLine][endif]
- Internal: Logistics and Programme Department, Field Operations team.
- External: Local Donors, other INGOs.
- Experience of 3 years working on a finance role, of which 2 as a Finance Coordinator/Senior Finance position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience in working with external donor funding.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet reporting deadlines.
- Result oriented behavior.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- High level of excel skills.
- Previous knowledge of working with Accounting Software.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trusto be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.