P.S: Please ensure that you fill in all details before submitting your application on WebCruiter. Empty and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player for the post of Finance Coordinator for Jubbaland Area Office based in Kismayo, Somalia.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. The duration of this post is 12 months with the possibility of extension.
NRC in Somalia
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions.
NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA)Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of Finance team
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
- Prepare and analyze the Balance Accounts Reconciliation for NRC Jubbaland Area office.
- Prepare and analyze the Project Summary (executive BVA and cash request) for NRC Jubbaland Area office.
- Assist the Finance Manager to have an overview of all project budgets for Somalia Program.
- Contribute in the design, development and implementation of the grants management policies, procedures and practices
- Participate in the preparation of the Administrative Budget for the Somalia mission
- Take leadership in preparation of Jubbaland Area final reports and adherence to guidelines.
- Training of finance and non-finance staff on financial procedures and policies
- Ensure monthly budget monitoring is done for each project
- Review and consolidate all grant management reports
- Continually review the entire grant management system and provide recommendations to the Finance Manager on its improvement
- Prepare financial reports to Somalia Country Office and donors
- Ensure timely transfer of funds to all NRC Jubbaland field offices.
- Ensure timely preparation of payments vouchers
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Finance and Budget management
- Specific familiarity with grants proposal writing, and reporting to UNHCR, ECHO, BPRM, EC, SIDA, CIDA and DFID.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Very strong computer based financial analysis skills
- Good hands on experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Context/Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Jubbaland Somalia
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
- Good understanding of various donors’ financial requirements
- Experience in designing budgets with different donor formats (for e.g. DFID, EC, SHF, UNHCR, ECHO, NMFA, SIDA) and leading on anti-corruption training workshops
- Experience working with Excel and other computerized accounting systems. knowledge of Agresso software package will be an added advantage.
- Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust