Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator - Audit is to implement delegated area of responsibility. The position holder will be responsible to liaise, assist and support management in responding effectively to internal and external auditors and other state and federal regulatory agencies. This position will facilitate and communicate requests for information between the auditors and NRC and to assist management in developing strategies for effective and efficient implementation of audit recommendations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labour law in all processes and procedures.
- Work as a focal point for internal and external financial & systems Audits conducted at NRC country and head office.
- Responsible to all documents in advance and during the audits as required by auditing teams.
- Draft the management letter with comments to the auditors in consultation with the management and forward the audit observations to NRC staff members
- Coordinate the audit meeting with senior management team and the relevant staff at NRC.
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentation to management Team.
- Review of financial documents on timely basis and report any errors to the management
- Review of all the required documents requested by the auditors to ensure completion
- Preparation and timely update of audit plan
- Responsible for reconciliation of the beneficiary lists (Reconciliation of Deliverables) to ensure compliance to internal procedures and for effective handling of donor audits
- Follow up on the previous audit observations with the management to ensure its Implementation
- Any other task assigned by the country Finance Manager.
- Experience working in finance, audit and/or compliance
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of UN, European and US donor rules and regulations
- Experience in handling donor, internal and annual audits
- Strong knowledge of the local languages (Pashto and Dari)
- Qualification: BBA, preferably to have MBA, ACCA, CFA, or CIA
- At least five years of experience in finance, audit and/or compliance