About Saed Charity:
About Saed Charity Association:
Saed Charity Association (SCA) is an independent non-governmental, non-profitable humanitarian organization registered in Turkey under 5624 on July 23, 2014.
SCA aims to provide assistance to those in need and war victims all around the world; in addition, its endeavor at present is to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people through the delivery of aid to the Syrians who affected by the on-going crises.
Saed Charity is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we considered all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
SCA renounces all forms of terrorism and will never knowingly support, tolerate or encourage terrorism or the activities of those who embrace and or finance terrorism. Consistent with relevant numerous United Nations Security Council resolutions.
It is the policy of SCA to seek to ensure that none of its and its donor funds are used, directly or indirectly, to provide support to individuals or entities associated with terrorism.
Purpose of Position:
Saed Charity is seeking for Finance Coordinator to work under the supervision of the Operation Manager.
He/ She is responsible for all financial functions, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grants financial management.
The Finance Coordinator ensures compliance with donor regulations and provides timely reports and assistance to the Executive Committee and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Technical Support:
- Provide technical support and advice to the Finance team on accounting regulations.
- Support the development and implementation of Dynamics financial modules and ensure capacity building of staff.
- Provide support to field finance teams and regularly travel to make sure financial procedures are respected in each office.
- Follow up with the Financial team members to ensure that the job is perfectly done
- Support Finance Department in other finance-related tasks, such as researches on financial compliance topics, accounting for procurement transactions and maintenance of accurate financial transactions records,
- Identify training gaps among SCAs finance staff.
Coordination and representation
- Work closely with the local chartered accountant to ensure compliance with local law,
- Assist programs staff and finance department in meeting donors and internal reporting requirements,
- Coordinate closely with the HR Department on all HR matters, such as Labour law regarding salary payments and deductions
- Provide financial information to the coordinators both proactively and on request in order to monitor the project.
- Work with programs and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of projects are within budgeted targets.
- Liaise with other finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Assist in the preparation of annual and donor budgets in coordination with the programme and other related departments.
Treasury & accounting
- Monitor the day-to-day accounting operations and financial support in accordance with donors and SCA internal policies and procedures,
- Responsible for cash provision and safe management between the different programs/offices.
- Ensure required preapprovals are secured in advance of incurring an expense,
- Assess the needs for the projects for the coming months, compile fund requests from each department to monitor cash flow management and submit it to the HQ
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations
- Responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting & donor allocation
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy in coordination with the HQ
Bank account Management:
- Ensure that bank accounts are opened and closed according to SCA´s policies and instructions provided by management.
- Ensure that bank accounts are used according to the donor policies (dedicated accounts, calculation of earned-interests, means of payment).
- Monitor Bank reconciliations on a weekly basis, provide explanations for any discrepancies and raise alerts in case of unexplained anomalies.
- Make sure exchange rates are adequately set up and anticipated in Dynamics according to the operations needs. Also make sure that exchange rates differences are monitored and correctly accounted.
- Prepare proper financial reporting to aid in tracking and reconciliation of transactions,
- Maintain accurate financial transactions, grants and contracts records using the accounting software,
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for submission to the donor on or before the deadlines,
- Supervises the archiving of the accounting documents in the field and its transmission to the SCA Head Quarter.
- Regularly update the cost allocation table.
- Financial Partnership Management and follow-up sub-grants / follow-up requests for payments, bank transfers and receive all requested documents to close its /.
- Oversee maintaining all necessary records and documentation of transactions and payments.
- Monitors overall budget consumption with respect to donors’ constraints;
- Ensure all required documentation for financial internal and external audits are reviewed and organized by the project when an audit takes place.
- Follow up on internal and external audit recommendations in collaboration with management and each office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree in accounting or business Administration; preferably a Master’s degree.
- Professional certificates such as CMA, CPA or any other certificates are an asset.
- Experience in multi-donors’ budgets and multi-countries grants
- 5 years at least years of experience in the similar fields including (2 years in NGOs).
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, *ESPECIALLY QUICKBOOKS**. ***
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
- Ability to train staff on finance technical issues.
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity, and responsibility.
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English
- The Turkish language is preferred.
- Turkish nationality is preferred.
Source : https://reliefweb.int/job/3575123/finance-coordinator