Solidarités International, Lebanon
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE MISSION
Lebanon hosts about 1.5 million Syrian refugees, mainly in its northern governorate (Akkar and Tripoli) and in the Bekaa Valley. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) has launched its operations in Lebanon in March 2013 in order to address the immediate needs of both Syrian refugee and Lebanese host families also affected by the crisis. SI in Lebanon has two operational bases (Tripoli and Zahle) and a coordination office in Beirut. The expatriate team consists of 12 staff members, while the national team represents about 130 staff members. Early 2020, the mission has a global budget of around 15 M USD. Tripoli base counts for 70% of this amount and Zahle base for 30%.
Integrated approach (wash/shelter interventions integrated with Protection and Health activities implemented by partners)
Response to emergencies
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Finance Coordinator will direct and coordinate all accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
- As coordinator, he is responsible for the mission’s financial balance.
- He/she will monitor adherence to Solidarités procedures and donor procedures as well as to the laws of the country in which intervention is taking place.
- He/she is mission’s focal point, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all finance matters.
- A Country Director
- A Deputy Country Director (Head of Programs)
- 2 Field Coordinators (North and Bekka)
- A Technical coordination team composed of 1 Wash Co, 1 Shelter Co, 1 IM Co, 1 MEAL Co, 2 consortium Co, 1 Grant manager
- 3 Support Coordinators: FIN, HR, LOG
- 1 Compliance manager
- The FIN Coordinator has two direct reports
- 1 Deputy FIN Coordinator
- 1 FIN Coordinator Assistant
MAIN RESPONSABILITIES :
- Analysis of the socio-economic context
- Team management
- Financial, accounting and budgetary management
- Administrative management of the mission
- Cash management
- University degree / humanitarian degree in a relevant field such as business, economy, accountancy or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years with INGO specialized in Humanitarian assistance
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance/Admin Coordinator or on similar positions
- Previous working experience in the Middle East and/or Lebanon is an asset
- Previous experience with Solidarites International desirable
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong command of donors’ rules and procedures
- Strong command of financial technics (budget management and project cycle management
- Knowledge of SI’s rules, tools and procedures