Norwegian Refugee Council, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the job:
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement NRC, s financial and accounting systems. He/she will be accountable to prepare and submit reports on monthly bases and submit required portion to the ministry of economy, finance and relevant directorates.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Analysis financial information and prepare financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Ensure proper filling of all supporting documents
- Prepare report to ministry of economy and ministry of finance including related directorates in the provinces.
- Ensure monthly financial feedback on both soft and hard documents sent to field offices.
- Preparing and follow up of BRS (Balance Reconciliation Sheet) Outstanding balances.
- Perform and checking of financial document and controls to make sure all procedures are followed and to implement recommendations from various auditors, and NRC Controller.
- Ensure period and yearend deadlines for NRC Afghanistan are met.
- Responsible for updated NRC- authorization table.
- Responsible for checking travel claims.
- Responsible for verification of all rebooking’s.
- Responsible for monthly distribution of AFFX0000
- Providing financial training to the field offices based on need.
- Support the team when needed.
- Function specific responsibilities, please adapt and select the relevant:
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure that budgeting, accounting, reporting to government, year-end procedures and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements
- Provide up-to-date analysis and required reports to NRC – Central and field offices.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience from working as a finance coordinator humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- University Degree/Diploma in B-Com/ BBA/ Management and Economics-Required
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work additional hours if and when required
- Ability to commence work immediately
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect