Norwegian Refugee Council, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the Finance Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of financial matters for the NRC Uganda Country Office or Kampala-South West Area Office. One position reports to the Finance Manager while the other reports to the Area Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure timely posting in Agresso; daily/ weekly, adhering to monthly accounts closure deadline
- Prepare and analyze the Balance Accounts Reconciliation (eBRS) and submit to the FM before 8th monthly.
- Follow up on aging accounts; Advances, accruals, receivables and payables, throughout the month, before month end closure exercise. Immediately involve the AM/FM where necessary.
- Frequently check for proper use of chart of accounts and make proper adjustments.
- Timely verification of payment vouchers
- Ensure proper filing of all financial documents in both hardcopy and online.
- Consolidate and submit the monthly cash forecast to the FM by 12th of each month
- Participate in the preparation of the master support budget. As well as support line manager’s/ budget holders in budget preparation, monitoring & financial procedures.
- Undertake finance training of all staff and capacity building of subordinates
- Ensure timely transfer of funds to all field office(s).
- Ensure cash and bank accounts are managed & reconciled according to NRC policy and procedures.
- Ensure for all payments, correct documentation is attached, logistics and financial procedures respected, project/account code correct, and the authorization of payments is in line with NRC UG authorization table
- Conduct performance management of the finance team
- Review payroll before monthly salaries payment and clear any outstanding issues timely.
- Ensure verification of all payments by FM including payroll and share monthly salary allocation.
- Follow up with HR and individual staff for monthly timesheets. Ensure they are verified/ signed and uploaded accordingly.
- Ensure safe and cashbox secured and routines of control are in place
- Ensure Taxes, NSSF and others are paid and filed within the stipulated timelines
- Participate in the bid committee
- Review and verification of purchase requisition, purchase order, waiver/ note for file
- Ensure up to date financial records including; authorization table, local financial handbook and others. Update staff on any changes thereof.
- Make field visits where/when possible and report to the line manager on any matters arising from the visits
- Accountable for the exercise of securing backlog and maintain completed electronic/ online supporting documentation as per NRC regulations.
- Share 1560 vouchers and supporting documents with other country offices in the region, monthly
- Minimum of five years’ experience from working as a Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian or recovery context; a professional finance qualification is desirable
- CPA 3 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Auditing
- Knowledge in financial reporting systems in donor funded work and working with multiple donors including UNHCR, UNICEF, SIDA, ECHO, NMFA, etc
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint