Habitat for Humanity, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented leader for a Finance Director opportunity based in Sanepa Chowk, Lalitpur. Reporting to the National Director & Regional Finance Director, the Finance Director will be responsible for the overall organization of financial operations.
This individual will have oversight of finance organization and accounting functions, internal control systems/procedures, forecasting and realigning operational and project budgets.The Finance Director is responsible for training and mentoring staffs on policies and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, best financial practices, as well as working closely with the regional office personnel to ensure compliance with all donor regulations and effective and proactive management. This individual will be strategic thinker and effective leader who can make the most appropriate decisions.
- Provide direct oversight and support to the Finance department staff and ensure that all transactions and financial reports are in compliance with finance policies, local laws and accounting standards, as well as donor requirements.
- Oversee the, developments documentation, implementation, monitoring to internal control processes National office, regional office and partners to ensure internal controls, are in compliance with the finance policies.
- Lead accounting function for the National Office and regional office and monitor financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
- Oversee the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of financial information to ensure that statistical information is captured and recorded on an accurate and timely basis and statistical reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
- Oversee financial grant management, cooperate with other departments in budget preparation, ensure grant transactions are recorded and financial reports are produced correctly, appropriately, and in compliance with grant agreements and organizational policies and procedures.
- Analyze National Office and regional office-level financial reports on a monthly basis, track key indicators and timelines.
- Provide written or verbal analysis to stakeholders - managers and supervisors, advisory board, committees and Area Office.
- Work with Finance and Program and Administrative staff to see that National office budgets are prepared as required by Headquarters' policies.
- Take direction and input from the Country Representative and staffs on the impact of program plans on financial needs and resources.
- Work in consultation with Director of Program Development, Finance Manager, National Program Manager, Divisional Program Managers and other Area Finance staff, to project cash flows.
- Establish and implement budget control and monitoring mechanisms and analyze variance and recommend corrective actions.
- Advise and consult with other regional office Finance staff to see that best practices are shared, that training needs are met by staff or from outside sources.
- Work with the Country Representative and the Area office Grant Manager and Area Finance Manager to assist the National Office and the Regional office and partners in meeting funding criteria and preparing funding requests to be reviewed by the Country Representative and Area Office while monitoring funding against budgets.
- Work directly with the National Office and Regional office to ensure that all funds are recorded accurately and on a timely basis, and required financial reports are reviewed and submitted by the prescribed deadlines.
- Facilitate both internal and external audits as well as respond to internal and external audit recommendations in a timely manner.
- Ensure that major financial risk issues and gaps in systems as highlighted in the internal audit are addressed.
- Comply with HFHI Financial and other policies and establish reliable internal control procedures.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and organizational resources are appropriately utilized.
- Provide leadership to inspire, motivate, and build the Finance team's capacity in pursuit with organizational objectives.
- Manage the Finance team and evaluate performance, planning, goal setting, monitoring, feedback, evaluation and development.
- Train the team members in accounting concepts, internal controls policies and financial analysis/reporting.
- Master's Degree with 6-10 years related experience.
- Direct experience in project, fund or grant accounting (use of different cost centers for financial analysis and budget follow-up).
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, Sun Systems, Navision, Agresso or similar programs.
- Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheets, worksheets, word processing programs, and the internet.
- Strong cross-cultural management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Good command of the English language.
- Interacts with others to exchange information, opinions, and concerns to resolve problems.
- Proven transparency, accountability, integrity and good character, especially in the stewardship of resources.
- Has at least 5 years' experience in accounting and/or financial consulting including supervisory experience. Experience working in an international organization, preferably in I/NGO or non-for-profit, required.
- Previous experience in managing grants or contracts with external funding agencies or institutional donors.
- Knowledge in working with microfinance institutions, revolving or rotator funds.
- Proven capability in working and coordinating partnerships.
- Knowledge of Nepal financial and tax regulations, especially those pertaining to non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or ACCA or CIMA or CA, preferred.
- Proven capacity to interact and negotiate with international partners, government officials, banks and financial institution, corporate partners.