Creative , Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Closing Date for Applications:
Creative Associates seeks a Finance Director for the anticipated USAID-funded youth workforce development, employment and inclusion opportunity in Honduras. The Finance Director will ensure full financial and contractual compliance of all project activities with USAID regulations. Working with Creative's internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller, the Finance Director will establish internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors. S/he will supervise activity financial staff and program budget matters, managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying that procurements comply with USAID and Contractor's financial guidelines, overseeing the training of staff and partner Non-Governmental Organizations in financial systems, ensuring adherence to management policies, and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Director will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) with support from Headquarters.
- Coordinate and supervise the overall financial management of funding to the program from inception to successful completion;
- Coordinate technical financial support to local organizations, as well as the supervision of any alliances and other private-public partnerships geared towards achieving the program's objectives, targets and deliverables;
- Liaise with financial institutions to co-create, co-develop and co-implement new financial products and instruments to address the specific necessities of beneficiaries;
- Work with the contractor's internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller to establish internal control systems, quality assurance, and accounting and financial reporting protocols for local sub-grantees;
- Supervise activity financial staff and program budget matters, including managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying procurement compliance with USAID and contractor's financial guidelines, managing sub-grants, overseeing staff and partner CSO training in financial systems; and
- Assure timely financial reporting to USAID.
- Minimum of a master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or Financial Management, or clearly equivalent academic degree at least at the master's level;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in financial management of development activities with increasing levels of responsibility. Significant experience working in USAID funded projects if highly desirable;
- Membership in a professional body such as those for Certified Public Accountants preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of finance, budget management, project control and accounting;
- Knowledge of finance tools and software packages such as Excel and MS;
- Significant accounting application software knowledge and use;
- Knowledge of procurement and procurement procedures in the public sector and international development projects;
- Proficiency in computer programs, including specialized banking tools;
- Experience creating technical and financial reports;
- Honduran nationality or experience working in Honduras is preferred;
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken Spanish; and
- Proficiency in English is preferred.