Finance & Economics Consultant, Sustainable Landscapes & Restoration
World Resources Institute (WRI), New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
WRI India’s Sustainable Landscapes and Restoration programme aims to protect, maintain and restore landscapes to secure livelihoods of 700 million people directly dependent on forests and agriculture and strengthen India’s environmental well-being. As part of this programme, WRI India is looking to recruit an experienced consultant with a Master degree in finance or economics, with at least 6 years of full time, relevant post-study work experience of their skills in natural resource management field. The position holder’s principal responsibilities will include assessments of financial flows at the national and sub-national levels to achieve large-scale landscape restoration; developing monitoring and evaluating systems to track financial flows for restoration. Over time, this position may evolve into a staff position, wherein the position holder will be expected to establish and enlarge the finance and economics function of WRI India’s landscape program.
The candidate is expected to bring research and communication skills and be comfortable with interdisciplinary, inter-programmatic, geographically dispersed teams. The position is most suited to an individual willing to take on the challenge of a new, fast growing, and developing program of work. Her/his responsibilities will include:
- Scientifically collate and analyse evidence on the economics of landscape restoration as a strategy for climate change adaptation and mitigation, water security, biodiversity conservation and rural development.
- Undertake analytical research that builds a body of work that makes an economic case for landscape restoration.
- Identify existing and new financing options to create awareness and political incentives at both national and state level for scaling landscape restoration.
- Develop and execute creative ways to translate the economic and financial case in the restoration opportunity analysis and policy recommendations into compelling storylines, including through multimedia online content, such as videos, photos, and infographics.
- Write and edit material including blog posts, op-eds, e-blasts and other compelling communications that serves to translate technical material for various audiences.
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Degree: Master’s degree in in economics, finance and/or business administration required.
- At least 4-5 years of experience in the banking/finance/investment sector. Experience in development finance preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical skills (advanced excel)
- Strong financial skills, with experience in financial planning preferred
- Great time-management skills and a flexible attitude
- Proven ability to take initiative and responsibility and deliver high quality results
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce materials focused on diverse external audiences.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners.
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively about all elements of communications work.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- A proven track record of searching for and implementing innovative approaches focused on achieving results or amplifying impact.