Finance Graduate Intern
Fhi 360, Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Basic Summary of Functions:
Working under the supervision of the Finance Officer, the Finance Graduate Intern primary role will be to support the Finance department with developing a filing system (for both electronic files and hard copy file) as well as ensuring that all transactions are adequately supported.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to process payments and ensure smooth operation of all financial matters.
- Assist in following up and control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports in preparation for the USAID financial review and the OCIA audit.
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to expenditure.
- Ensure that all Petty Cash transactions are adequately supported and approved.
- Develop an updated and easily accessible hard copy and Electronic Finance Office Filing System.
- Assist with payment processing and VAT Claims.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A customer-friendly attitude and an ability to cope with work-related stress
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, conflict resolutions, policies and procedures.
- Good analytical, numerical and mature problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint .
- Demonstrated experience in working with Accounting Packages such as Pastel, AccPac, Quick Books or any other Accounting Software .
- Ability to manage and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Good team player, positive attitude, flexible mind, comfortable in working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Strong sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and respect for diversity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management with diplomacy and firmness.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BAcc/BCom/BTech degree in Accounting or its recognized equivalent.
- Recent graduate from a recognized university
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience