Finance Inclusive: Chief of Party/Executive Director
DAI Global, Haiti
Closing Date for Applications:
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI is seeking a Chief of Party/Executive Director who will provide overall management of all technical and operational aspects of the ongoing USAID-funded “Finance Inclusive” project in Haiti. The goal of this program is to support the promotion of a “Stable and Economically Viable Haiti.” Specifically, the project will leverage gains made by USAID’s previous financial sector development initiatives to facilitate a two-level change in the market system: 1) behavior of market actors through better information availability and increased orientation around low-income market segments, and 2) deeper collaboration in the broader financial ecosystem and enabling environment.
- Produce and manage annual and activity work plans as set forth in the project design, contract and deliverables schedule
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Haiti (GOH), and financial sector stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities
- Provide in-depth leadership in all technical areas as required to achieve Finance Inclusive objectives
- Coordinate program activities with other donors; including seeking additional funding for a longer-term implementation platform for financial inclusion
- Oversee the development, production, and submission of all project deliverables
- Oversee development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluating Plan
- Manage, lead and oversee all technical staff, consultants and subcontractors in achieving project results
- Ensure seamless management of project administration and finance staff and functions
- Oversee all financial and administrative matters
- Ensure that project burn rate is on schedule through direct oversight of the financial management team
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to USAID on all program areas
- Present findings in both written and oral presentations as required
- Liaise with DAI home office on program technical progress and overall management as needed
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development, or related discipline (or an additional 5 years of professional experience above the minimum requirement).
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in a related field, of which
- Minimum 5 years of development experience with relevant managerial, supervisory and technical experience working with program of a similar scope to this activity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management or leadership role.
- Previous experience working with government and/or financial sector actors related to access to finance, financial inclusion, microfinance, or financial sector policy development.
- Proven track record and experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation of projects/programs or leadership within institutions related to access to finance or financial inclusion in Haiti.
- Experience working in Haiti is required with additional international experience preferred.
- SAID experience preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills in English are required.
- French level IV (Fluent) ‐ Reading/Writing/Speaking