FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking for two (2) Finance Interns for USAID USAID Tulonge Afya project.
Generally, the purpose of FHI360’s Internship Program is to provide an opportunity to contribute to FHI360’s mission and scope of work. The program provides practical learning experience through work. Therefore, this internship will provide learning and working experience in the area of Finance. As a result of this internship, the participant will improve their knowledge and skills related to implementation/execution of financial management duties
- Recording accounting transactions to ensure costs are charged to correct FCO in the accounting system
- Preparing Bank/Petty Cash reconciliation and follow up for any outstanding or differences.
- Preparing reconciliations with respect to balance sheet items, vendors, inventory etc.
- Preparing payments to ensure documentation and process are in line with FHI360 cost principle requirements
- Ensuring proper filling of all financial documents, scanning and uploading the scanned financial documents (AP, JV and others) to the SharePoint.
- Participating in Preparation of monthly financial reports (month end closure activities) and ensure submissions are in accordance with FHI 360 directives.
- Assisting in communicating with the bank on all issues related to the project, including bank account balances, check book requests, bank statements etc.
- Ensuring timely process and payments to all statutory payments as per law of the land and FHI360 policies and procedures.
- Performing any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration.
- Good attention to detail, report writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills