Save the Children, Lagos, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance Assistant has responsibility to support Payments, receipts and disbursement of funds. He/she will provide support to the finance unit.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Writing of Cheques as approved by relevant budget holders
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation
- Perform Bank related activities (Pick up Bank Statements, collect office running cash, etc….)
- Conduct weekly and month end cash counts
- Payment of participants and other SCI cash payments in and out of the office
- Update daily Cash GLACOS and reconcile cash and book balances
- Upload Bank transfers online on OMNI platform
- Maintain petty cash with strong supervision from the finance Coordinator
- Update & maintain manual cash book
- Maintain optimum cash balances and advises the Finance Coordinator for cash replenishment(including emergencies)
Financial Information and other support functions
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Assist others requiring information on transactions to retrieve relevant payment vouchers and documentation for their use
- Registration of all paid invoices on Agresso on a daily basis
- Single Account Reconciliation
- Weekly cash Reconciliation
- Preparing Tax, NHF, and pension payment schedules and cheques to be remitted to the Tax authorities and the various pensions’ administrators and remitting same on a timely basis
- Ensure all documents are filed and stamped “PAID”
- Participate in due diligence process
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: Finance Staff/Program Staff/Support Staff/Signatories
- External: Vendors/Consultants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, HND or its equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in computerized and accounting systems.