Islamic Relief, Niger
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Position
- Islamic Relief Worldwide is currently recruiting for the position of a Finance Manager based in Niger. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining the financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the office and sub-office operations in accordance with IR guidelines, national legal requirements and internationally accepted accounting standards. The Finance Manager will ensure that all Islamic Relief offices in the country use and comply with IR guidelines and national legal legislation and Health and Safety regulations.
- The post holder will provide timely project related financial reports to the IRW International Office and institutional donors. The post holder will be assisted by a team of finance staff and work and liaise closely with the Programme Manager, the Country Director and the finance and programme division at the international office in the UK
- It is essential that the candidate has a professional qualification from a recognised Accounting Association with substantial experience in a finance related role with an international NGO, with essential skills and knowledge of finance related compliance requirements of institutional donors. It is mandatory you have English, Arabic, French or the local language skills to be able to effectively fulfil the responsibilities of this role.
- National candidates are encouraged to apply but will only receive the salary not benefits.
- If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below and forward the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date.
- If you agree with IR values together with our Policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and our code of conduct, then you would be an ideal candidate for Islamic Relief, who promotes equality and meritocracy. IRW will carry out screening checks and will take out references on your behalf.
- Applicants should be sympathetic to the principles of Islamic Relief
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No CVs.
- Islamic Relief operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.