Norwegian Refugee Council, Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC in Bangladesh is in the final stages of obtaining registration as a legal entity (NGO) in Bangladesh. Once this is in place, NRC will be eligible to seek funding in-country, and to employ staff locally. Therefore, substantial scale-up of the operation is likely to take place in late 2018 and early 2019.
The purpose of the Finance Manager is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standards, to lead and build capacity of the finance team, and to support programme/project implementation.
The Finance Manager reports to the Country Director
- Together with CD, lead the scale-up of NRC Bangladesh finance department from emergency start-up to a larger scale Country Office.
- Transition NRC Bangladesh’s start-up finance procedures and system to NRC global standard-compliant systems
- Set-up of Agresso budgeting/accounting system
- Contribute to strategy and proposal development for country and area programmes.
- Lead the development and revisions of the Country Office Master Budget
- Support managers in the creation of and management of programme budgets, ensuring compliance with NRC and donor regulations.
- Provide training and regular updates to budget holders and the Senior Management Team on level of expenditures, and donor requirements
- Recruit and train finance team members.
- Responsible for induction of team members to NRC finance procedures, policies and standards.
- Tailor NRC anti-corruption policies to the local context and provide necessary training to staff and IPs
- Oversee the development of core financial tools for NRC Bangladesh, including locally-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Manage relations with bank, auditors, and legal advisors to ensure compliance of NRC in Bangladesh
- Ensure accuracy of staff salary calculations, timely payroll, and relevant remittances to the taxation authorities, in collaboration with the HR Department
- Lead the preparation of all supporting documentation for the country office audit, and government reporting requirements (under the FD Act).
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in start-ups/scale-ups
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Bangladesh, especially NGO and tax regulations, an advantage
- Knowledge of the local language, Bangla, is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability