FHI 360, Abuja, Nigeria
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is currently seeking a qualified Finance Manager for the upcoming five-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme.
- Manage finance-related and operations aspects of the project.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, sub-award and operations aspects of programme
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, DFID rules and regulation, terms and conditions, award requirements, and Government of Nigeria’s laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Advise the Finance and Administration Director regularly on financial matters
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Prepare and submit periodic financial and accrual reports to DFID as required by the contract
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by DFID
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Supervise other project-based finance and accounting staff
- Master's Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is strongly preferred; or a Bachelor’s accounting degree with 10 years’ experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a developing country; Nigeria experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with HMG rules and regulations for commercial contracts is required.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of $50 million dollars or larger
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.