The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is one of the world’s leading humanitarian INGOs, working in over 30 countries worldwide. We are seeking to hire a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Finance Manager in Cox Bazaar, Bangladesh.
Who we are?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people globally.
Danish Refugee Council has been registered in Bangladesh since 2013 with a focus on responding to displacement and the Rohingya refugee influx. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
About the job
The Finance Manager has the overall responsibility for execution of all finance related tasks within Bangladesh Country operation. S/he manages all the finance team and ensures compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country operation. The role also contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management, capacity building of staff
- In close cooperation with Managers, reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns
- Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required
- Prepare for local audits
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers
DRC Dynamics ERP system
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the country
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the country
- Ensure that Country ERP support is in place (i.e. super users)
To be successful in this role you must have the following;
- Minimum of 4 years' international experience in a senior financial management position
- At least 2 years' experience with people management
- Proven experience in managing large budgets
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
- Full professional proficiency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation