Danish Refugee Council, Myanmar
Closing Date for Applications:
The Finance Manager is responsible for all finance related tasks within Myanmar Country operation. You will be managing a designated finance team and responsible for budgeting and reporting, ensuring compliance with the finance chapters of DRC’s Operations Handbook and staff capacity building. This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country operation. The role also contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Financial & People Management:
- Implement, improve and maintain financial management policies, systems, structures, and procedures within the Country and field offices.
- Provide technical support to the Area offices-based finance staff as well as providing leadership to the finance staff in the Country Office.
- Proactively identify and act upon capacity Building needs of Finance staff based in the Country Office and field teams, providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that finance staff capacity is continuously developing.
- Conduct on-the-job training for Budget Holders, guiding them through Budgeting, donor compliance and compliance to DRC handbook
- Maintain internal financial procedures compatible with the country’s law, DRC’s Operations Handbook and donor requirements.
- In collaboration with the Head of Support Services, work with and support Budget Holders in budget preparations, realignments, monitoring and budget follow ups.
- Maintain and develop financial analysis tools to assist budget holders in the management and monitoring of budgets and identifies significant variances in spending.
- Gather information from the relevant Area Offices to consolidate budgets for project proposals according to projects’ needs and donor constraints; Propose sufficient programme and support budgets including mission’s investment plans in close collaboration with the Head of Support Services.
- Ensure efficient conduct of statutory audit and donor fund audits in collaboration with programme development team and risk and compliance coordinator from country office and finance teams from the field offices.
- Ensure an ongoing, accurate both physical & digital data filing system for all Finance vouchers in the Country Office relevant documentation in the program finance office
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the country
- Be one of the Super users for the DRC Dynamics (ERP) System and responsible for training other finance staff in the Country Office as well as in the Area offices
- Facilitate day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly accountancy closing, advances’ reconciliation, timely submission of accounts to HQ finance desk.
- Support to ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures from the Country Office are made in a timely manner.
- Support in ensure a controlled and smooth cash flow management process for Country Programme and ensure all Area Offices have sufficient cashflow for operations.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a senior financial management position
- At least 3 years’ experience working with International NGOs at international assignments.
- Experience in managing large country operations, multi donor, multilocation and multi sectoral program
- Proven experience in managing large budgets
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, USAID, DFID, UNOPs and EC)
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training
- Advanced proficiency in Excel as well as experience working in a financial IT system
- Full professional proficiency in English
- University degrees (Bachelors or master’s in accounting / Finance / Audit)
- Certification of CA, ACCA or CPA will have distinctive advantage