About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Finance Manager for an anticipated multiyear project to provide technical assistance (TA) to the Kenya Ministry of Health (MOH) Division of National Public Health Laboratories (NPHL) National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS), and relevant county Health departments to strengthen HIV/TB laboratory systems and the provision of safe and adequate blood supplies to over 3,000 public health facilities offering antiretroviral therapy (ART) services and the HIV/TB national referral laboratories.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval of key personnel.
The Finance Manager will oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub-awardees. Coordinating with headquarters on financial information and acting as resource for project staff on finance- related issues. The incumbent will work closely with the PI and Senior Laboratory Technical Advisor.
- Provides leadership and support for all the financial management areas including, accounting, travel, payments, reporting systems and procedures for the FHI 360 Kenya country office and regional offices.
- Plans, directs and manages project budget in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Supports the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports (GFAS and other reports recommended by funding agencies) prepared for submission to FHI 360 headquarters and funding agencies.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of sub awardees to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Ensures project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly.
- Oversees and ensures compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and subproject budget development.
- Oversees and ensures monitoring and review of sub awardee financial reports to ensure compliance with sub awardee budgets and FHI 360 policies.
- Ensures project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Contributes to resource development efforts; leads or participates in proposal development process.
- Provides support to internal audit functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Significant, demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
- MBA/MA/MS with 5-7 years’ combined experience in accounting/budgeting management or BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or a related field with 7-9 years’ combined experience in accounting/budgeting management
- Demonstrated experience in recent financial management for large complex projects, of which at least 5 years were working in a large USAID or CDC funded HIV and AIDS and TB project.
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of project finance management including demonstrable skills in management of sub awardees
- Significant, demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
- Strong working knowledge of USAID financial management policies, procedures and practices.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
- Strong working knowledge of USAID or CDC financial management policies, procedures and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English required and proficiency in Swahili is an added advantage.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (K).