Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Building Egypt's Skilled Workforce (BESWF) activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt's technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The Finance Manager will develop and manage the project's financial systems. S/he will be responsible for supporting the Finance Director in all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, and subcontracting. S/he will ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs while managing a team of accountant(s) and assistant(s). Specific areas of responsibility include supporting financial report preparation, review, and submission to headquarters and cash flow management.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Finance Director.
- Supervise and ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and client's policies and procedures;
- Ensure funds' availability and verify that all procurement and Grants-Under-Contract actions are compliant with internal and client's financial management guidelines;
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup documents;
- Support the timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements;
- Support the finance director in oversight of the financial and administrative functions of the execution of grants to all local IPs;
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, establish and maintain cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds;
- Manage the project's Accountant, ensuring he/she stays on task with assigned deliverables, build the capacity of the Accountant and conduct his/her performance review;
- Support the preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required;
- Meet financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before deadline;
- Produce segregated finance records such as expenses for specific locations or grants, as needed;
- Ensure accurate and smooth month and year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules;
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information as requested;
- Ensure compliance with local laws, particularly on withholding taxes;
- Ensure timely deposit of withholding taxes and reporting to the relevant Government of Egypt (GOE) entities
- Alert potential non-compliance financial issues to the Deputy Chief of Party (Operations);
- Coordinate with Grants Manager to establish proper controls for grants management;
- Establish procedures and forms for requesting and issuance of advances for program needs; and
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree is required, a master's degree is preferred;
- At least six (6) years of general work experience and four (4) years of specific experience related to this position is required,
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff
- Extensive experience with computerized accounting systems;
- Competency in all Microsoft Office applications, in-depth knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with U.S. government administrative compliance preferred, experience with USAID strongly preferred;
- Exposure working with international operations;
- Ability to work with and achieve results with a diverse group of personnel;
- Strong organizational and managerial skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is highly desired, advanced knowledge is required; and
- Fluency in Arabic is required.