We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as Finance Manager for the USAID Support to End Tuberculosis project, based in Hanoi.
The Finance Manager will provide leadership and oversight of all financial aspects for the TB program, including general financial management and processes, subaward financial management, and accounting. S/he will support the Chief of Party to manage the project’s finance in compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulations, award requirements, and local laws.
- Oversee all aspect of the TB program budget development and management.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports and pipelines.
- Perform the central role in subcontract development and management, including subcontract budget, obligations and expenditures, subcontract financial report.
- Manage the financial performance of the subcontracts.
- Provide accounting assistance, including orientation, and oversight as needed for implementing partners which have subcontracts with FHI 360.
- Ensure that the project maintains the highest financial standards for compliance and audit.
- Provide direction and guidance to local, consortium partner, and sub-contractor staff on financial compliance issues, financial requirements, and other administrative questions.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, and other deliverables required by the donor.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Performs other relevant duties as requested.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience, including 3 years in management role for health projects.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required.
- Ability to work well with all project staff, implementing agencies, GNV counterparts, donor agencies;
- Analytical and results oriented; honest and accurate; mature and reliable.
- Auditing skill is an advantage.
- Computer literate with strong skills in use of MS office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint…).
- Well-developed communication skill in both Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to travel as necessary
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.