Crown Agents, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
General Accounting & Financial Management
- Review and approve wire requests for field project implementation
- Conduct regular cash flow analysis to ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank balances
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments
- Review and approve bank reconciliations
- Establish guidelines for maintaining contract and other partnership files and activities as applicable.
- Maintain files on grant/procurement/subcontractor documents and modifications as applicable.
- Direct the schedule of financial activities to ensure the timely preparation of budget- and cashflow-related reports.
- Supervise periodic cash counts
- Ensure non-billable expenses are regularly reviewed and kept to a minimum & Ensure that foreign taxes paid
- Responsible for all accounting (field, project, and DC office expenses),recording transactions in the accounting system, running reports, and producing client invoices
- Responsible for developing written guidelines/policies on finance procedures and documentation requirements and training staff on these
- Ensure that field tax recording and reporting procedures are well documented to facilitate preparation and submission to local authorities in a timely manner
- Track and report on partner/vendor payment schedules and obligations
- Provide annual budgets of expenditure as well as quarterly forecasts against budget statements
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing and review of all payroll transactions, assuring compliance with established employment agreements and modifications
- Manage preparation of internal and external audits. Support responses and actions to internal audit comments.
- Ensure that accounting policies and practices are carried out in accordance with GAAP standards
- Ensure field project internal controls are established and implemented in accordance with Crown Agents policies, USAID rules/regulations, and/or the terms of client contract
- Work with the DC, UK, and field finance teams to ensure the monthly management reporting is completed on time, to the Group’s timetable, and that the accounts are prepared according to the group’s policies and procedures
- Provide executive supervision to ensure commercial evaluation and financial monitoring is provided to project teams throughout each project life cycle
Budget and forecast
- Support the President & CEO to develop annual budget
- Forecast cash flows and work with Group team to manage working capital demands of the business
- Provide finance, commercial and project implementation staff with technical taxation advice, guidance and assistance in relation to new and existing initiatives
- Ensure the policy, procedures and practices relating to taxation comply fully with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure the US finance function supports and coordinates with the Group and acts as a business partner to the business.
- Ideally 8+ years finance and accounting management experience with a U.S. Government implementing partner, experience with a for-profit U.S. Government contractor strongly preferred.
- Ideally 3+ years of hands-on Deltek GCS Premier experience – specifically with the G/L, Contracts, A/R & Payroll modules, knowledge of Infor SunSystems desirable.
- Experience working with international field office accounting, budgets, and project accounting desired.
- Experience of working effectively where strong organizational skills are required.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, subcontract agreements, etc.)
- Experience with grants or small grants under contract programs highly preferred.