FHI 360, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Manages, prepares, administers and directs the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive or senior management team. Reviews and approves monthly field accounting reports for allowability and allocability of costs. Assists with development and management of internal financial audits. May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies. Provides technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required. Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via foreign government, private sector contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Reviews and approves monthly field accounting reports and supports the HQ program and field finance teams in finance related tasks.
- Provides recommendations and consuls with management on financial projects and compliances.
- Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, audit reviews and assessments.
- Engaged in the more critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and / or external effect.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices and client relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and negotiates and work will with others.
- Has familiarity with QuickBooks Online accounting tool software and experience with automated financial reporting, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Microsoft Navision.
- Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
- Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems moderately complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Works under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and manage individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and expertise, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience
- Past experience working on international development projects
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Experience working with an international organization and working with non-USG funders is a plus.