Crown Agents, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
Reporting to the Country Director, the role is responsible for the overall finances of Crown Agents Nigeria. The role will provide a complete financial and management accounting service to enable the CA Nigeria to meet the external statutory financial and tax requirements while adhering to Crown Agents internal accounting policies and procedures. The role will also include line management of the Finance and Admin Officer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
- Ensure comprehensive financial accounts are maintained for CA Nigeria in order to comply with local regulations & corporate governance.
- Record all financial transactions by entering them into the accounting system (including but not limited to sales invoices, purchase invoices, supplier payments).
- Review the monthly P&L and balance sheet of the CA Nigeria, ensuring that the balance sheet is reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Manage and review monthly management accounts providing detailed commentary for actual versus budget analysis.
- Assist management with the preparation and review of required budgets and forecasts, including the annual corporate CA Nigeria budget.
- Preparation of meaningful statistics, KPIs and variance analysis.
- Posting of required month end journals such as accruals and prepayments.
- Manage the project accounting for any locally delivered contracts.
- Work with project managers to ensure project expenditure incurred in line with budget whilst adhering to all client and internal CA controls
- Support in the preparation and submission of client reports as and when required.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related funding needs from UK HQ, and available funds for HQ cash-pooling.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and project delivery requirements.
- Undertake the preparation of the monthly payroll ensuring all necessary payment adjustments and deductions are efficiently and accurately reflected.
- Ensure compliance with internal CA payroll policies as well as local statutory payroll and tax requirements.
- Ensure that adequate financial and internal audit controls are in place, are aligned with group polices and are monitored on a regular basis.
- Substantiate financial transactions by reviewing and verifying supporting documentation.
Taxation / Company Secretarial
- Ensure that local taxation requirements for the CA Nigeria are adhered to including meeting Revenue Authority deadlines (corporation tax, sales tax, withholding tax, payroll etc).
- Manage the fixed asset process, ensuring assets are correctly capitalised, depreciated and disposed in line with internal controls and processes.
- Line manage and successfully develop the Finance and Admin Officer.
- Ensure the outputs of the Finance and Admin Officer are in line with expectations and allow for achievement of CA Nigeria’s finance requirements.
- Minimum of a degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from a recognised institution plus a professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent locally recognised qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in finance
- Proven track record in financial accounts and management reporting
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Experience of working in an international organisation.
- Knowledge of local tax legislation is required.
- Experience with Sun Accounting System (desirable not essential)