Emissa for Development, Gaziantep, Turkey
Closing Date for Applications:
The mission of the Organization is to promote, develop, and implement community-based projects in Syria by civil society activists in order to improve the lives of civilians in their communities, mainly inside Syria, empower them and preserve their dignity. All team members are committed to the principals of humanity, neutrality and impartiality, and dedicated to stand up for the rights of the Syrian people.
Emissa activities and projects are implemented under five programs:
- Health Program: Primary and secondary healthcare and rehabilitation through clinics, field hospitals, physiotherapy centers.
- Relief Program: Emergency Response, NFI, Winterization.
- Livelihood Program: Agriculture, Livestock, and sustainable projects.
- Education, and PSS Program: Primary and secondary education, Risk Education, PSS, Community Awareness.
- Wash & Shelter Program: Camps preparation and management, Waste management, WASH projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Finance Manager will perform the following duties:
- The Finance Manager is the main responsible for all financial matters in the field and at the HO. S/he works closely with the Finance team on all aspects related to finance must prepare, oversight, review and submit all financial reports.
- Must ensure adherence to the financial guidelines as per the Emissa Financial Manual.
- Ensure that comprehensive and timely reports are produced in accordance with schedules and requirements agreed by the donors and Emissa Board of Directors.
- Ensure that Budget Monitoring Tools are produced on a monthly basis and reviewed by the Senior Management Committee (SMC).
- Responsible to inform the SMC –via the Support Director- of budgetary overspends or underspends as they affect programs and co-plan appropriate interventions.
- Ensure office compliance with accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in finance policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into Emissa’s accounting software.
- Reconcile field office’s cashbooks against HO’s cashbooks on a weekly basis and investigate and resolve difference in coordination with the Support Director and Regional Managers.
- Facilitate any external or internal audit.
- Prepare financial reports to various donors as per contractual obligations. Submit reports to the donors after obtaining sign off from the Support Director and relevant Program Manager.
- Supervise the Head office’s banking arrangements.
- Prepare annual and quarterly master budgets for all programs.
- In coordination with the Support Director, prepare the Head and Regional Office’s annual and quarterly administrative budget.
- Provide support to the programs team in preparation of the projects budgets proposals.
- Maintain grant and contract files for all programs.
- Assist the Support Director in other areas as required.
- Provides general support and liaison with other departments in all finance related matters.
- Promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex or creed.
- Contribute to a positive working environment by being accessible and available to team members and to representing their professional and personal concerns to the Board of Directors.
- Delivery and reporting of the donors support to local beneficiaries on time and within budget.
- Assurance of prompt accounting and permanent control financial processes within Emissa NGO at all levels
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Banking or Accounting
- Master Degree in Business, Administration, Finance, accounting or relevant field.
- Specialized accounting certificates i.e. CIA, CPA, CMA is a plus.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of professional experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, auditing and/or relevant projects financial managements fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of field experience with humanitarian NGOs.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a senior financial management role with supervisory responsibilities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and working and problem-solving independently and cooperatively.
- Knowledge of donor regulations including USAID, EC, DFID regulations.
- Demonstrated skills in developing finance policies and procedures.
- Very good knowledge in logistics and procurements polices and processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications, advanced level in Excel in particular..
- Strong experience in working on financial systems i.e. Quickbooks
- Familiar with ERP systems.
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Strong believer in human rights and values of justice.
- Experience in working with grassroots groups.
- Proactive with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Travel within ME region countries might be required for various meetings or business related matters (10% travel).