Management Systems International, Mali
Closing Date for Applications:
This employee will provide logistical, administrative and financial support to the project team. In addition to maintaining personnel and financial files in good order, s/he will produce regular and ad hoc reports on the status of employees, leave balances, bank account balances, and cumulative expenditures. S/he will ensure that Government of Mali (GOM) employment, financial, and tax reporting regulations are satisfied, as well as ensuring the compliance of procurement and hiring actions with USAID regulations. S/he will help organize workshops, trainings and other project activities.
- Manage all administrative systems and procedures necessary for the implementation of technical and administrative activities related to the project.
- Maintain project bookkeeping in the QuickBooks accounting platform and coordinate with HQ as needed.
- Reconcile local bank account on weekly basis and provide the relevant documents to HQ.
- Execute and coordinate administrative tasks and ensure overall compliance with MSI, USAID, and GOM policies and procedures by all staff.
- Maintain electronic and physical files in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Prepare documents and correspondence related to staff and other administrative processes,
- Manage field office accounts in order to ensure accurate, timely, and reliable financial statements.
- Provide administrative support to program team.
- Produce accounting and financial reports requested by MSI HQ.
- Track the local budget, as guided by the HQ project manager.
- Monitor balance of available and prepare fund transfers as needed.
- Prepare “Check Request Forms.”
- Prepare financial statements along with the respective supporting documentation, such as explanatory notes, as requested by the tax and audit administration of the GOM.
- Generate official documentation to support balances and declarations to be presented.
- Prepare checks for payments to local vendors and workshop participants.
- Maintain constant communication with the administrative team regarding management and accessibility of all financial resources in order to comply with established regulations.
- Travel to target districts to assist with financial aspects of field activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- English capability, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills, including mastery of excel, Microsoft word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software.
- Prior experience with USAID programs preferred.
- Excellent understanding of Mali employment laws, tax withholding requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understanding of organizational registration process.