Danish Refugee Council, Cox's Baazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a Finance Manager for a leadership position who works closely with Head of Support Services/Finance Specialist and Program Team Leaders to ensure financial accountability and compliance of the DRC portfolio and provide financial oversight and quality assurance to the portfolio of DRC’s projects.
About the job
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC are preparing to launch an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC will be implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened up a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
- Ensure compliance to DRC and donor standards and procedures for financial and grant management and communicate risk of non-compliance to the Head of Support Services for decision making
- Prepare DRC’s country master budget, monthly financial status and analysis of projects (budget follow up), assessing risks of underspends, overspends, no cost extensions and return of funds
- Prepare project budgets and financial reports to donors in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide input on DRC budget proposals, in consultation with the Head of Support Services and Team Leader
- Develop and effectively communicate financial information to share with Program Staff, HQ Finance and Country SMT.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual statements; collate financial reporting materials for donors; and oversee all project/program accounting.
- Assess financial risk and provide variance analyses for DRC’s projects.
- Coordinate and lead the financial aspects of audit process, liaise with external auditors and HQ Finance; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee annual budgeting and financial planning process in conjunction with the HoSS, administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep SMT informed of the organization’s financial status.
- Oversee CFW finance work and support program in cash payments to beneficiaries
- Manage country office cash flow and forecasting.
- Work with HoSS and/or Grants Manager to implement contract management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Investigate and resolve financial issues for projects within DRC’s portfolio.
- Work with HoSS/Grants Manager on due diligence processes as needed.
- Support the Team Leader in legal and compliance issues relating to finance
- Complete regular compliance self-check and implement remedial solutions according to identified gaps
- Line management of Finance staff (Finance Officers & Finance Assistants)
- Any other task as assigned by Head of Support Services/Finance Specialist
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance Department with at least 2 years in a senior Finance management role within an NGO.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Strong sense of timeliness and quality reporting
- Full professional proficiency in English
- · University degree in or equivalent in a related field such as business, economics, finance, or accounting.