Norwegian Refugee Council, Severodonetsk, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of the officer position is day-to-day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated financial function portfolio according to plan of action as well as to Financial Handbook and other NRC policies including SOP’s
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Maintain the filling system for all financial and accounting documents and ensure filing of all financial documents according to NRC standards
- Prepare monthly financial reports and send all relevant documents
- Support project staff in financial and administrative matters
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Contribute to specific protection risks and needs analyses
- Contribute to designing of protection response to identified risks and needs.
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment. Be responsible for payments to suppliers, contract workers and mobilisers.
- Be responsible for disbursement of perdiem to NRC Ukraine employees according to Ukrainian legislation and NRC policies.
- Ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Be responsible to write transactions numbers on the vouchers and label financial documents
- Prepare bank accounts reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments, suppliers/contractors’ incorrect account details etc)
- Ensure implementing of the routine for securing supporting documentation in a digital format. Follow up to ensure processing of reconciliation of deliverables (Financial part).
- Assist the Finance Coordinator (FC) and the Finance Manager (FM) in internal and external audits and preparing donor reports
- Verification of purchase requisitions (PR) and purchase orders (PO)
- Any other tasks that will be assigned by the FC.
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer/Accountant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Professional knowledge of auditing/accounting
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates
- Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian both written and verbal
- Knowledge of legal tax base for the representation office
- Experience from working with local financial institutions and tax authorities
- Experience with start-up of humanitarian/recovery or related programmes is an asset
- Good computer skills in MS Office
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Working with people